Pages

Monday 29 April 2013

A Grand Historical Bazaar

Last weekend we went to our first vintage event of the year at Rufford Abbey's Grand Historical Bazaar. It was long ever due I can tell you and I'm so excited to have got the events calendar started again even if it is a little bit later than most; at Easter it was Crich Tramway Village's 1940's weekend which is usually the first 1940s event for most of us but I unfortunately didn't make it.

The Historical Bazaar was a mixture of all different reenactors and I really enjoyed mingling with knights and Romans as well as 1940s friends. We met up with a couple who we know from when we used to do lindy hop dance lessons and explored the ground together.

It rained and was pretty cold when the sun went in so I sure was pleased to have brought my umbrella and my fur! When the sun did come out it was glorious but there were a couple of hail storms during the day, luckily I was in the shopping tent when that happened!




 

 
 
 
There was a lot of hat shopping to do but in the end I settled for this lavender and burgundy beauty. I also got a really cute little miniature top hat fascinator which was just too dinky to refuse.
 
 
And a final photo of me with my time travelling partner in crime. As well as being vintage I'm a big geek and in particular a Whovian (Dr Who fan). I often think he's my very own Dr, travelling to different places and back in time together. We have an Audi though which is no where near as cool as a TARDIS. I mean think of the luggage space in that thing, it's bigger on the inside!


1 comment:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.