Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Complimentary Therapy

Yesterday I received some lovely compliments when I was out shopping in Peterborough with my boyfriend. In all the time I dress vintage I have found that I actually very rarely get complete strangers compliment me on my style save for at events. I think it's because at events lots of people are dressed up too where as when walking down the high street people might be less inclined or feel they may be being rude. The first compliment I received was from a young lady who was working in a vintage charity shop we went into; she said that she liked my outfit and style. The second was from a lady older than myself who said that she liked my "whole look". I was really flattered, especially because earlier I had been repeatedly asking my boyfriend if I looked frumpy, and I thought I should share my outfit with you all since it was well received in the shops of Peterborough.
 
 
 
 
My dress is 1940's and I bought it from Etsy. I had to pay an extra £14 charge for customs once it arrived but I think it was worth it. I really love it and can see myself wearing it a lot at the spring and autumn events due to the weight of the fabric. You can't see it because I'm wearing my coat, which is from Collectif, but it has a very large collar and the top is in cream. My hand bag is from a vintage shop in Lincoln called Mr Bojangles and though I don't really know the era of it I chose it because it is the closest match in my collection to my shoes which are from Clarkes. Here's a close up of the handbag and the lovely tooled leather which drew me to it in the first place.
 
 
I also bought a new (to me) dress and blouse while in town and also have another new dress in the post from Collectif again so you won't have long to wait and you can see what new purchases I have made.


No comments: