Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Hair Today...

...Gone Tomorrow. Well Saturday actually. Here I am second time in as many days with, this time, a slightly vain post all about my hair.

On Saturday after my shower I was thinking what to do with my poor heat damaged hair as I wanted to curl it in a pony tail, Grease Lightning style I call it, but I really didn't want to use my curlers on it like I ordinarily would. My curling tongs are Nicky Clarke hottest you can get and they literally burn my hair - not good! So messing around I did a few large pin curls one on my left and two on my right to compensate for my ridiculous side parting; I was working from memory of a you tube video I'd seen nigh on years ago. They turned out pretty good but I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of my hair as I couldn't very well just leave it straight. So with nothing to lose I tried my very first hair roll at the back. Well it my not have been perfect but I loved it. I got out of my car at Mum and Dad's house shouting "look at me barnet!" and Dad said it was "Nanny hair" meaning that's how his Mum used to wear hers.

I then went to a Rockabilly gig looking slightly last decade (i.e. 1940's) but that didn't matter. There were loads of jive dancers there and I even got invited to lessons which I'm going to start tonight. Scary/exciting. By the time I got home I flopped into bed and didn't take the curls out (which was the plan I promise!). Woke up in the morning and loved my new curls! It was really comfy to sleep in too because there were not curlers or bendy rollers poking in the back of my head. Once brushed out they went a bit big but I think that's because I still need to perfect brushing out.

So what do you think? I'm over the moon and now I know how to wear my hair for Raucby War Weekend. Yippie!

No comments: